Festive Fun at the Jingle Walk

Matthew Nyman, Editor-in-Chief

The Babylon High School annual Jingle Walk charity event was held on December 16th on Coach Walter Williams field. After paying a five-dollar admission fee, attendees could visit a variety of stations run by volunteers from some of the school’s many clubs and honor societies.

Many families attended the event. The Science National Honor Society had a wheel that people spun to win prizes including cupcakes, candy canes, plush toys, wearable elf ears, containers of Play-Doh, and Play-Doh stamps. The French Honor Society had a game where players dropped a wooden circle through a grid of pegs and could win a candy cane depending on where the circle landed at the bottom. They also sold small gift baskets for three dollars each. The Writers’ Club supplied paper for children to write letters to Santa that would receive responses. Student Council ran a ring toss game. Representatives from each grade level held raffles for prize baskets. Throughout the event, the movie Elf was shown on an outdoor television and hot cocoa was available at a concession stand near the bleachers. There was also a station set up for attendees to take photos with an elf and a reindeer painted on pieces of cardboard, each with holes where their faces would be so that people could get photos with their faces instead.

The Jingle Walk ran for two hours and was busy for most of that time. With its many attendees, the Jingle Walk was a big success that everyone enjoyed.