Safe Halloween 2022

Angelina Testani, Staff Writer

Safe Halloween is a yearly event that occurs around the time of Halloween. It functions as a safe and fun way for people of all ages to trick-or-treat without having to worry about the dangerous aspect of accepting candy from strangers. This year, it was hosted in the outdoors and the school was met with many trick-or-treaters. Our visitors were given candy, such as lollipops, and an overall good experience.

Our guests had some unique and interesting costumes. Some examples include but are not limited to: Pikachu (Pokémon), Foxy (Five Nights at Freddy’s), Gengar (Pokémon), Super Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog), a police officer, and Freddy Fazbear (Five Nights at Freddy’s). Our volunteers and staff had lovely costumes as well! An example of this is Mrs. D’iorio’s costume, which was a ladybug.

Many clubs had volunteers help with setting up and handing out candy. Some of the clubs were the Leo Club, Environmental Club, Drama Club, and the World Language Club. Because the event was outside, our clubs had to decorate tables and/or doors as well. The set-ups were crafted nicely. Great job to each volunteer who helped! However, there was a contest for which club had the best decorations. The trick-or-treaters voted on which table was their favorite. The winning club and its participants earned a prize of a bagel breakfast.  That winning club was the Art Club, in which Mrs. Stork runs it. Congratulations!

Thank you to every person that helped make this safe event for the young children possible. It was a blast and I’d bet that the trick-or-treaters feel the same way. I’m looking forward to this event next year. Happy Halloween, Babylon students!